Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Chilly Reception

Scene 1:

A dark room with a single light bulb on a wire providing the only illumination. In the center of the room directly below the light Michel Rainville, naked and chained to a metal chair. He’s not happy.

Rainville (t): What the hell did that thing hit me with? That bugs poison really did a number on my head, but now I’m going to need my brain more than ever. Cops don’t poison suspects, cops would have brought me a lawyer, these guys aren’t cops.

Scene 2:

Rainville struggles to free his hands but they are bound too tightly.

Rainville (t): The only reason I’m alive is because these people need me. They want to know my secrets. Don’t co-operate and they may give up and put a bullet in my brain, Give too much, they may figure they know everything, and they still put a bullet in my brain. If I’m going to get out of here, I’m going to need to play it smart.

Scene 3: Fletcher enters the room.

Rainville (t): Showtime.

Scene 4: Fletcher shoots Rainville in the foot.

FX: Bang!

Rainville: Goddamn it!

Scene 5: Close-up of Fletcher.

Fletcher: Stow it, our people say that you’ve had your pain receptors surgically removed. I want to show you that that won’t stop us. Pain or no pain, we can still make you a cripple. And we will if you don’t tell us what we want to know.

Scene 6: Close up of Rainville

Rainville: If I give you everything I know some very important people will get pissed off. My life, your life, won’t be worth spit. I’d rather be a cripple than dead, besides I know people who can attach legs and arms. We don’t have to do this, I have something you want, you have something I want. We can deal.

Scene 7: Fletcher begins to stroll around the chair, Rainville is talking.

Rainville: I do a lot of business in Canada; heroin is only part of it. I believe you’ve become acquainted with some of the personal powered armour and, particle weapons that the Hells Angels have acquired. They are just one of my clients. Kill me and you will have no chance of finding the others. You have no idea what’s out there.

Fletcher: There’s no way we’re letting you go Rainville.

Rainville: I assumed as much. I just want guarantees that you won’t kill me, the only way I can do that is if I’m sure you need me.

Scene 8: Fletcher is behind Rainville is speaking to him over his shoulder.

Fletcher: How do I know it’s not all bullshit? Maybe you have nothing to do with the weapons, you would say anything to stay alive.

Rainville: That’s very true I would. That’s why I’m going to give up my associates. Have you ever heard of Bacha Kahn?

Fletcher: No.

Rainville: He’s a governor / Warlord in Afghanistan. He’s running the whole heroin operation. But he wouldn’t be able to do much without the Phase Launcher. He has it hidden in the old Al-Queda tunnels in the Tora Bora Mountains.

Scene 8: Fletcher walks around in front of Rainville again, a smirk on his face.

Fletcher: We’ll check this out.

Rainville: Whatever. Can I go to my cell now?

Fletcher: (1) Oh, I’m sorry, you’re much too dangerous to keep in a conventional cell, I’ve read files on you. (2) Don’t look that way; we’re not going to kill you. Let’s call it an experiment…

Rainville: Experiment?

Scene 9: Technicians roll in the Cryo-Chamber.

Fletcher: We’re going to try freezing you. Really it’s the only way to keep you around while looking out for the well being of our staff. They are very confident you will survive the process, although they have never done it on a human before. But we both know your more than human aren’t you?

Rainville: You can’t do this…

Fletcher: You know, you may be right. Let’s find out shall we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home