Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Why Does Alpha Flight Suck?

More than a critizism but a query into theory. Can't Canada be a setting for high flung far out action? I see it as a paradox. There very existence of shoot outs and explosions mar the social landscape so completley that it cannot be recognized as Canada.

Then I was reading some Queen and Country, and some CIA and CSIS sights on the internet and it got some Ideas spinning. What about the super hero adventures of Peace Keepers and Aid Workers, mixed in with Super Spy stuff. Now we were getting somewhere. The tension of Q&C and MI-5, mixed with the heroism of making the world a better place. Then I would conflict that with the Americans goal of Dominating the World.

Of all people it was Pat Buchanan that inspired me. Even he was disgusted with the war in Iraq ( which shocked the shit outta me). He blamed the whole mess on a group of powerful men in the Pentagon that he referred to as the Neo-Conservatives. A group that see's the world as the ass-cusion of America and are fighting to keep it that way. To hear it from him, this group has taken over the Government.

What a great villian. Then there was that Law and Order where they found Afghan Heroin in New York. Apperently, they are flooding the world with this stuff after the US did the favour of destroying the Talaban, effectivley killing the cops. I could work with that.

Then there was North Korea. What a bunch of Looney Toons. This would be fun.

So I'm also gonna assume that I'm gonna run this game once (If I get to run it at all), so I want to cram as many fun comicbook cliche's in here as possible. Im sure Im going to want a huge Darkseid type guy, I want to throw some cars, I want to wipe out a gang, Over the top super science fiction, real tension, and a huge stakes classic throw down at the end.

On a professional level. This is supposed to be cathardic gaming at its best. Being able to french fry Americans and Terrorists from the comfort of my basement. An easy syste, (Tri-Stat) that seems to support dynamic gaming, and real life assholes to put in the crosshairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home